In March, vocation and engineering college students from Victoria West Higher Faculty competed at the District 29-5A UIL Academic Match in accounting, pc programs and computer system science.
Nine students positioned at the fulfill, with a few individuals and a person workforce qualifying for the Regional Spring Meet on Friday and Saturday at the University of Texas-San Antonio in San Antonio, in accordance to a information launch issued by the Victoria Impartial School District on Wednesday.
The accounting team received initial put total, qualifying for regionals, whilst the laptop science staff placed 2nd in general and will be an alternate workforce for regionals.
“We are incredibly happy of the achievements of West CTE college students at the UIL opposition and want them luck at the upcoming spherical,” reported Dena Justice, district CTE expert and CTI principal.
Students’ particular person final results are underneath.
- Brooklynn Harvey: Initial place (regional qualifier)
- Hannah Thomas: Fifth put
- Yisvi Berrera: Sixth put
- Terry Simmons: 13th position
- Victoria “Zoey” Chavez: 3rd area (regional qualifier)
- Brooklynn Harvey: fifth place
Laptop or computer science
- Sanchit Singhal: to start with place (regional qualifier)
- Manas Agrawal: third put (regional qualifier)
- Jaisenne VanDusan: eighth place